Grow, Develop & Learn
Transition Year is a one year programme between the Junior & Senior Cycles. It gives students an opportunity to grow, develop and learn, free from the pressures of State Examinations.
Transition Year at Coláiste Muire is compulsory for all students.
Advantages of Transition Year
in Coláiste Muire.
- Prepare young people for their role as independent citizens in society through their experience of adult & working life.
- Encourage students to take more responsibility for their learning and decision making.
- Provides experiential learning and allows for subject sampling before the Leaving Certificate.
- Develop the students’ talents, skills and abilities.
- Development of the imagination and the emotions, communication skills, co-operation and teamwork.
Transition Year Academic Programme
Every subject offered for the Leaving Certificate is on the TY Programme. Students must adhere to the transition year programme.
Students are introduced to the Leaving Certificate curriculum and at least 40% of the timetable is devoted to the study of the academic subjects.
Each student has the opportunity to experience a selection of options before making his final subject choice for the Leaving Certificate.
Cúrsaí & Gníomhaíochtaí Eile
Foreign Trip & Outdoor Activities
Mini Company – Get up and go!!
Film & Video Making
GAA coaching award
Production of the school magazine
Visiting guest speakers are invited to speak on a wide range of issues
I.T. course leading to Microsoft Certification
Arts & Crafts
First Aid Training
Music and Media Studies
Workshop on Law